Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates28.04.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5333 RON
- 1 USD 4.1453 RON
- 1 CHF 4.1837 RON
- 1 GBP 5.3604 RON
- 1 gr. aur168.8079 RON
NetMedia buys Romanian online travel websitesUpdated: 08-04-2010 | Business
NetMedia, with operations in the online travel, acquired 70 percent of the Romanian company, C & D Solutions, the owner of AllSeasons.ro and TourismGuide.ro travel websites in Romania.
The deal is NetMedia's first ever global acquisition, the Poland-based company said in a release.
The Polish company with revenues of €30 million and an annual growth of 7210% came out first in Deloitte's Central European ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies.
C & D Solutions, based in Brasov in Romania that operates in the segment of new technologies, e-commerce, and hotel reservations will change its name to NetMedia Romania. Our company had enjoyed a rapid growth pace and we want to repeat our success in Romania. The transfer of the business model for the local market should not be a major problem. We know how to do this effectively, over the past year we have carefully examined the development of both tourism and Internet industries in Romania. And this is a very convenient timing of our investments in theinternet industry in Romania," said Michael Bee, Vice President of NetMedia.
Notwithstanding the challenging economic environment and economic slowdown the global markets have suffered over the past year, NetMedia group recorded a significant growth in number of hotel bookings. The company posted a 53% growth in online bookings last year alone. And NetMedia executives expect a reiteration of the business' success."Romanian online booking market is still young. We expect the revenues in this industry to grow on an annual basis", said Andrzej Wierzba, CEO NetMedia.
According to NetMedia, both the Internet and tourism industry is developing very dynamically, as in Poland several years ago. "Generally, Internet trade in this country is more or less at Poland's level 4-5 years ago. Starting a business in this attractive and very promising market, should contribute to the development of the Group NetMedia and set the stage for future investments in foreign markets" Michael Bee added. Tourismguide.ro website recorded 375,066 unique visitors in March.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings