BVB, world's third best performing bourse in Q1 2010Publish date: 07-04-2010
The Bucharest Stock Exchange has come in third in a first quarter country stock market performance ranking drawn up by UK Bespoke Investment Group market research company on 81 stock markets, with an year-to-date gain of 30 percent in Q1 2010.
Topping the ranking was Ukraine, with a 58.87-percent gain, followed by Estonia, with 41.36 percent.
Other Central European or Eastern European stock markets performing well in the first quarter of 2010 were Hungary, with a rise of 17.26 percent; Latvia, with 16.91 percent, and the Czech Republic, with 9.44 percent.
With a year-to-date gain of 5.27 percent, the US was just below average.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei