Senators voted the VAT to be paid when the invoice is paidPublish date: 01-04-2010
The senators approved on Wednesday the amendment to the Fiscal Code, by introducing the date of payment for the invoice as the moment when the VAT is due to the state budget. According to the legislative proposal, the quota of the tax will be established according to the value of payment. In favour for the amendment voted 49 senators, and against 29.
In the presentation of reasons, the initiators noted the fact that the intention is to support the business environment affected by the crisis and to eliminate the differences between the private and the state environment. The commission of specialists and the representatives of the government did not support the draft law, saying that it would have a negative impact on the budget.
The commission for budget in the senate drew a report of rejection by motivating that the general rule involves the obligation to pay VAT when the goods are delivered or when the services are performed or at the date when the downpayment is done.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei