P&G sells Romanian professional haircare business to InterbrandsPublish date: 01-04-2010
Interbrands, Romania's largest distribution company has agreed to handle the distribution operations of Salon Profesional products in Romania, held by Procter & Gamble and buy Wella professional haircare products business. The deal will be subject to antitrust scrutiny, and a final decision is due to be made public over the next few months. The sum has not been disclosed. Marcel Muresan, incumbent Wella Romania director and all Salon Professional employees will remain in their posts.
The brand and services offer for hair salons will remain unchanged, namely all P&G professional hair care products lineup, Wella Professionals, System Professional and Londa Professional.
"We are delighted to work in hair salons field and we hope for a long-term fruitful collaboration", said Rand Sheriff , CEO Interbrands.
Procter&Gamble's consumer products business in Romania recorded aggregate revenues of 1.96 billion lei (Euro 531 million) in 2008, down 4.1% from 553.2 million a year earlier. Procter & Gamble Romania markets brands such as Ariel, Tide, Bonux, Ace, Lenor, Mr. Proper, Fairy, Pantene Pro-V, Head & Shoulders, Safeguard, Herbal Essences, Wash&Go, Blend-a-med, Camay, Always, Alldays, Discreet, Pampers, Londa (Londa Color, Londa Trends), Gillette, Braun, Duracell and Oral-B. Interbrands entered Romanian market in 1993 and it handles the distribution operations of Cadbury, Vodafone, Nestle and Henkel.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei