Mercer consultant : Romania is still attractive for foreign investorsPublish date: 30-03-2010
Romania is still attractive for investors and could benefit from the policies for cost control which many Western European companies practise, Martin Macha, partner for Central Europe and Middle East for Mercer.
"Foreign investors will come to Romania, due to the policies for cost reduction practised by companies in Western Europe. What was worse passed, but there are still challenges" Macha said, the representative of the Mercer consultancy company.
He said that domains where companies could relocate their activity are support services, IT, Human Resources or controlling. "Another domain where western companies could relocate their activitiy is the car one, but this will be possible when the industry is relaunched on a global level" Martin Macha said.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei