President Basescu signed EIB guarantee agreement for Ford into lawPublish date: 26-03-2010
President Traian Basescu on Thursday signed a decree on the promulgation of the Law on the ratification of the guarantee Agreement between Romania and the European Investment Bank aimed at the Romanian state's guaranteeing the aid for Ford auto-maker based in Craiova (southern Romania), the President's Office announced.
The Agreement signed in Bucharest on this Jan. 21 targets the 80 percent guarantee of the obligations resulting from the 400 million euro financing contract between the EIB and S.C. Ford Romania S.A. aimed at upgrading the Craiova-based car-making plant.
The law on the Agreement ratification was passed by the upper Senate house on March 23 by 73 votes in favour, three abstentions and no vote against.
'In order to achieve the investment in Romania, Ford Europe company negotiated a 600 million euro financial package with the EIB that includes the 400 million euro loan aimed at funding the investment spending made in Romania and a 200 million euro loan for financing the expenditure related to the design, research and development carried out in Germany', State Secretary at the Finances Ministry Bogdan Dragoi had said at the time.
He also stressed the EIB had granted the loan on condition that it be guaranteed by the Romanian state and the German state and he announced Ford Romania company will pay the Romanian state 2 percent guarantee premium for the entire duration of the guaranteed loan.Parliament's lower Deputies' Chamber had voted for the law on March 17.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei