Cristian Popa, BNR deputy governor: Inflation will be within limitsPublish date: 25-03-2010
Inflation in Romania will be in 2010 within the variation range foreseen by the National Bank of Romania and will reach about 3.5% at the end of the year, while in 2011 it will go below the target, the deputy governor of BNR, Cristian Popa, quoted by Reuters declared in a Prague conference.
"The latest figures referring to inflation for 12 months show 4.5% and we think that at the end of the year it will be close to 3.5%, which is the central point of the range considered for this year", the Romanian deputy governor said at the European Banking and Financial Forum 2010.
According to the BNR official, the inflation projection for the next 2 years is under 3%.
Popa also announced that the level of outperforming credits in Romania had risen to about 15% but signs of a slowing down of the phenomenon were present.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei