Egypt wants 30% more Romanian tourists this yearPublish date: 24-03-2010
ETA, the Egyptian Tourist Authority, a government institution promoting Egypt as tourist destination in Romania, is counting on a 30% increase of the number of Romanian tourists in 2010.At the end of 2009, the tourist market dropped by 25-30% in Poland, Czech Republic and Romania but we succeeded to cope with the dropping rate. The number of tourists who visited Egypt in 2009 dropped by 15-20%, representatives of Warsaw based ETA office promoting Egypt in Poland, Czech Republic and Romania say.
As for Romania, in 2010 ETA has improved its promotion plan, taking into account the 20% drop of 2009 and intends to become first in the top of holiday destinations outside Europe. We expect Egypt to grow by 30% in the whole world in 2010, which means a better result than in 2008. For Romania we have reviewed and adapted the strategy to exceed and repair the 2009 drop, ETA representatives say.
For the next 3 years, ETA intends to turn Egypt into the most demanded foreign destination in the Romanian market. In addition to the two tourism packages already available in Romania, the Red Sea and the Nile Valley, ETA launched in 2009 three new tourist products, which include golf, available in 17 locations, spa, in 6 regions and the visiting package in the largest desert. ETA entered the Romanian market in 2009 and promotes Egypt as tourist destination.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei