Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates29.03.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5575 RON
- 1 USD 4.2232 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2496 RON
- 1 GBP 5.2473 RON
- 1 gr. aur170.1325 RON
Trade exchanges between Romania and Hong Kong amount to 93 million dollars in November 2009Updated: 23-03-2010 | Business
Trade exchanges between Romania and Hong Kong amounted to 93.38 million dollars over January-November 2009, the balance being favourable to Romania, with exports of 78 million dollars, adviser with the Ministry of Economy Anca Turcea told the conference organized by the Hong Kong Trade Association on Friday.
'Trade exchanges amounted to over 93 million dollars in November 2009 and Romania's exports to Hong Kong exceeded 78.8 million dollars, up by 64 percent compared to 2008,' said the representative of the Ministry of Economy.
Romania's exports to Hong Kong were mainly based on equipment, machines, food, vehicles, live animals and animal produce, and Romania imported building materials, technology, optical installations and textiles.
'Hong Kong is an open gate to China, and I believe that, this year, Romania's presence on the Chinese market will be much stronger. We want to enter the Chinese market with new products and, in November, we will attend the biggest fair in Hong Kong, with a delegation of Romanian wine producers,' said president of the Romania-China Chamber of Commerce Gabriel Ghelmegeanu.
The representatives of Hong Kong mentioned the investment opportunities in the city, especially, because it was considered to be the freest economy in the world, the economic growth forecasted for 2010 being of 4-5 percent.
The Hong Kong companies are also seeking investment opportunities in Romania, especially in infrastructure, on public-private partnership projects, as well as in the banking field, for example. Thus one of the biggest banks in the world, HSBC with roots in Hong Kong, may enter the Romanian banking market.
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO) on Friday organized a business seminar in Bucharest together with the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC).
According to Agerpres, in the past few years the cooperation between Romania and Hong Kong has developed rapidly and, on this occasion, the Romanian companies were invited to take advantage of the new business opportunities in China.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings