MFP sells government securities worth RON 500 MPublish date: 22-03-2010
The Ministry of Public Finance (MFP) on Thursday attracted from the market RON 500 million (some 118 million euros), in an issue of government securities, placed on tender via the agency of the Romanian National Bank (BNR).
The government securities have July 2013 as maturity date, with the average level of the yield the issue was awarded at standing at 6.63 percent. The coupon rate stood at 6.25 percent.The total bid of the 12 banks participating reached RON 1.283 billion.
Bidding there were 13 primary dealers - Alpha Bank Romania, BRD - Groupe Societe Generale, Banca Comerciala Carpatica (BCC), Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), Banca Transilvania, Bancpost, CEC Bank, Citibank Romania, ING, MKB Romexterra, Raiffeisen Bank, RBS Bank Romania and UniCredit Tiriac Bank.
The Ministry reduced the number of tenders of government securities in March from six, as scheduled originally, down to five, and wants to attract RON 4 million from the market, via an issue of Treasury certificates and government bonds. According to Agerpres, the last tender this month will take place on March 22, when there will be issued Treasury certificates worth RON 900 million, carrying a one-year maturity.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei