BVB trading value up 17 pct in 2nd week of MarchPublish date: 17-03-2010
The value of trading on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB) went up by 17 percent in the second week of March to a total 232.59 million lei (about 55 million euros), out of which 44 percent was trading in bonds, shows an analysis conducted by Puls Capital information and analysis newsletter.
The BVB liquidity was backed by Rompetrol Rafinare and Financial Investment Company SIF Oltenia stocks, that accounted for 25 percent and 13 percent respectively of the total traded value. The financial-banking sector accounted for 35 percent of the total BVB trading, while the oil sector accounted for 28 percent of the overall transactions value.
According to Puls Capital, the week starting on March 8 saw bonds trading worth 102.84 million lei, with all of it being conducted in government bonds.The stock exchange indicators recorded positive developments ranging between 1.21 percent for ROTX index that measures the most liquid shares and the bluechips, with the index closing at 11,043 points and 2.91 percent for the BET-C index, which closed at 3,256 points. The BET index reflecting the development of the 10 most liquid listed stocks is currently by 50 percent below its 2007 historic value, while BET C is by 56 percent lower than its historic high.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei