Romania's current account deficit dropped 73.2% in January. Sums sent by overseas Romanians went upPublish date: 15-03-2010
Romania's current account of the payments balance dropped by 73.2% in January against the same time last year, amounting to 123 billion euros, according to Romania's National Bank (BNR) data. The current account deficit was 459 in January 2009. The influenced on the current balance account decrease was recorded by the commercial balance deficit, which amounted to 217 million euros, dropping 55.8% against January 2009. Romanian Diaspora sent 52% more money in the country.
The balance deficit of the incomes recorded 173 mln euros in the mentioned period, namely 11.7% less than in the first 2009 month, while the goods and services balance recorded a 282 mln euros deficit, in contrast with 481 mln euros, the figures for the same time last year. The current transfers account balance went up to 332 million euros, that is 52.2% more than in January last year. The biggest contribution in this case is actually the money sent in Romania by the Romanians working overseas.
Direct foreign investments dropped 73%
Direct foreign investment dropped 73% during the first month of the year, to 302 million euros, against 1.12 billion euros in January 2009. This was entirely represented by capital participations. The current account deficit for January 2010 was financed by non-residents' direct investments in Romania. The medium and long term debt recorded at the end of January a level of 64.21 billion euros, namely 82.5% of the total foreign debt. Approximately the same level was recorded at the end of last year. The short term foreign debt was 13.65 billion euros, 5.5% less than in December 31 2009.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei