Trade deficit drops 38.4 pct in JanuaryPublish date: 15-03-2010
The FOB-CIF trade deficit stood at 1.783 billion lei in January this year (426.8 million euros), less by about 1.104 billion lei (265.8 million euros) compared with January 2009, according to data centralized by the National Institute of Statistics (INS).
The trade deficit dropped 38.38 percent in euros and 38.24 percent in lei, compared with January 2009.
According to preliminary estimates of INS, FOB exports in January 2010 totaled 9.583 billion lei (2.305 billion euros) and CIF imports amounted to 11.366 billion lei (2.732 billion euros).
Compared with January 2009, exports rose 18.4 percent in lei (19.8 percent in euro) and imports rose 3.5 percent in lei (4.4 percent in euro). Exports decreased by 3.5, in lei (1.5 in euro) in January 2010 against December 2009, and imports fell 17.1 percent in lei (15.5 percent in euros).
The value of intra-community supply of goods in January 2010 stood at 7.219 billion lei (1.743 billion euros), in terms of dispatches, and at 7.964 billion lei (1.923 billion euros) in terms of entries, representing 75.3 percent of total exports and 70.1 percent of total imports.
The difference between the dynamics based on values expressed in lei and that calculated based on values expressed in euro was determined by the appreciation of the national currency by 2.2 percent in January 2010 compared to January 2009, Agerpres informs.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei