Governor Mugur Isarescu discussed with the bankers about norms, regulations and loan resumptionPublish date: 11-03-2010
The BNR governor Mugur Isarescu met at the BNR club the representatives of the banks and the officials of the Romanian Banking Institute, the discussions having a technical feature. " Governor Isarescu made a presentation of the banking system, after which the discussions continued about norms and regulations, cooperation between banks and the National Bank" sources quoted.
According to them, the bankers who were present addressed the governor their viewpoints with regard to the effect of norms and regulations BNR has in mind to be applied in the near future. " at the same time, I can confirm that the present tendency of dropping the interest rate for loans will be kept and the liquidity in the system will increase" the sources said.
The same sources stated that the message of the meeting was that BNR supports the resumption of loans with caution. " Loans cannot be started again unless there are healthy and solid grounds. Look what happened in Bulgaria ( where the rating agencies reduced the perspective of the banking system). We want to have balanced and healthy credits. The message of the governor was in that direction" the sources said.
The meeting on Wednesday is part of a series of discussions BNR has with the banks, discussions focused on technical problems, monetary stability, optimal regulation of financial-banking activities. " We meet at least quarterly with BNR and we appreciate the balance governor Isarescu proves to have" the sources said.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei