Annual inflation rates below the analysts' expectationsPublish date: 11-03-2010
The annual rate of inflation in Romania fall in February to 4.49% from 5.20% recorded i January, after consumption prices went up 0.20% against the previous month, according to the Romanian National Statistics Agency (INS). Economists estimated the annual inflation to 4.6% in February, based on a 0.3% increase in consumerist prices.
Consumerist prices went up 0.2% in February against the previous month because food and non-food prices became 0.24% ore expensive, while services didn't change tariffs. The increase in food prices was triggered by the more expensive vegetables and vegetable cans (+1.69%), eggs (+96%) beans and other vegetables (0.87%). Potatoes and fresh fish dropped in price, -0.33% and -0.04% respectively.
When it comes to non-food goods, the most important increases in prices were applied to heating (up 1.83%), books, newspapers, magazines (+1.35%) and tobacco and cigarettes (up 0.60%). Meanwhile cars and spares dropped in price by 0.15%.
The services that now cost more are urban transport (up 1.39%), water, sewage, sanitation (+ 0.44%) and inter-city road transport, up 0.34%. At the same time, telecoms are 0.68% cheaper and air transport costs 0.67% less. The Romanian central Bank (BNR) aims a 3.5% inflation rate this year, plus/minus one percentage, but forecasts that the inflation will read 4.5% by the end of the year.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei