Gazprom accepted on Romanian OPCOM marketPublish date: 05-03-2010
The UK Gazprom Marketing & Trading Ltd subsidiary, owned by the Russian energy giant Gazprom, was granted the right to trade electric power on the bilateral agreement market for the power exchange of Romanian power market operator (OPCOM), daily Financiarul informs.
This comes shortly after the visit of the second most important person of Gazprom, Aleksandr Medvedev, to Bucharest in order to negotiate the Russian company's expansion in Romania, the quoted daily informs. The source also mentions that one of the set targets is the building of gas power plants.
OPCOM has the power market administrator role, according to the provisions of the legislation in force, providing an organized framework for the development of commercial trades on the wholesale power market, under consistency, correctness, objectivity, independence, fairness, transparency and non-discrimination conditions.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei