Deutsche Telekom in Romania: 1.1bn-euro revenues and 293m-euro EBITDAPublish date: 04-03-2010
Deutsche Telekom, the largest communications operator in Europe, has for the first time included in its yearly financial report data on Romania, with figures showing that the German group has for the first time outranked rivals Orange and Vodafone in terms of revenues, with over 1.1 billion euros.
Deutsche Telekom (DT) calculated the 1.1 billion euros by adding together revenues of four companies in which it holds stakes through Greek group OTE, i.e. Romtelecom, Cosmote, Germanos, and Zapp. Orange posted 1.055 billion-euro revenues in Romania last year, whilst Vodafone's revenues amounted to around 1 billion euros, according to ZF estimates. A similar situation exists on the insurance market, where the Vienna Insurance Group (VIG) is no. 1 on the market as a group, via the four different companies it holds, whilst Allianz-Tiriac is leader in terms of revenues derived separately.
With an EBITDA of 293 million euros last year in Romania, Deutsche Telekom fails, however, to outpace rivals Orange and Vodafone, which posted an over 400 million-euro EBITDA each, according to estimates.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei