Mobile & PDA
BNR Exchange Rates29.03.2017
- 1 EUR 4.5575 RON
- 1 USD 4.2232 RON
- 1 CHF 4.2496 RON
- 1 GBP 5.2473 RON
- 1 gr. aur170.1325 RON
Ukraine halts electricity exports to RomaniaUpdated: 03-03-2010 | Regional Europe
The halt in Ukraine's electricity exports to Romania has an insignificant impact on Romania's electricity supply, because the imports are of maximum 20 Mwatts, Director of the Transelectrica National Energy Dispatcher Octavian Lohan told Agerpres on Monday.
'Romania's electricity imports from Ukraine are very small; there are traders importing up to 20 Mwatts and does so occasionally. Likewise, the imported electricity is sometimes forwarded to other countries and Romania is just a transit place. Electricity is bought in Romania if the price is very small. Ukraine has other electricity export priorities than Romania. So, the impact of the halt in Ukraine's electricity exports to Romania is insignificant and it does not affect in the least electricity supply in Romania,' said Lohan.
Ukraine on Monday announced having halted electricity exports to three European Union member states - Romania, Hungary and Slovakia - for at least one month as a result of deficiencies in coal stocking.
Spokesman for Ukraine's Energy Ministry Fent Di said that the halt in electricity exports, which might last until April 1, was the result of the fact that no Ukrainian company came up with energy sales offerings because of a currently deficient coal stocking.
Fent Di mentioned that there is no buyer of last resort to guarantee the export volume, but the energy that used to come from Ukraine was but a small amount of the electricity markets of the three EU member states.
Kyiv Post reports that Ukraine exported 1,288.9 million kWh worth of electricity to Slovakia, 1,159.7 million kWh to Hungary, 997.9 million kWh to Belarus and 201.5 million kWh to Poland in the first eleven months of 2009. Smaller exports went to Romania (33.5 million kWh) and Moldova (6.1 million kWh).
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei
Most Popular News
- Three billion euros to be invested in energy private-public partnerships
- Romanian state plans to keep 8 pct of Petrom, at least
- IMF mission extends stay in Romania till May 9
- IMF, FinMin Vladescu discuss Government revenues collection
- Videanu admits that he is in conflict of interests in connection to Marmosim
- Greece gets 110 billion euros, biggest bailout in history
- BNR governor Mugur Isarescu: Situation is quite complicated
- Romanian-German meeting on fresh cooperation opportunities
- Gov't to earmark 6.4pc of GDP for investment
- FinMin Vladescu: Cutting 25pc off public wages pool will not generate needed savings