Over 4 mln euros paid by mobilpayPublish date: 02-03-2010
Romanians made about 620,000 payments by their mobile phones in 2009, the average value of each transaction being seven euros, while the total amount paid was more than 4.4 million euros, a release of Netopia Sistem company informs.
Netopia Sistem operated around 80 percent of the total amount of payments made in 2009 by SMS, namely 3.5 million euros.
'There were over 600 Romanian websites having marketed their contents with the mobile phone's help in 2009. We are talking of more than 3,000 products and services traded by SMS,' Antonio Eram, general manager and founder of Netopia Company said.
Netopia estimates a 30 percent increase in the number of transactions over mobile phones in 2010, this segment's trend being in accordance with the trend of credit card online payments.
'While in the case of credit card online payments the users' reluctance greatly influences the growth pace, in the case of SMS payments we are still dealing with a small number of traders having access to this service, though SMS payment is the most accessible way of selling a product or a service, given that all Romanians have a mobile phone close by with which they can quickly make a purchase without disclosing their personal data and account information,' Antonio Eram said.
The mobilepay service with mobile phones, launched in 2006, saw the number of the processed transactions double on an annual basis. At the end of last year, mobilpay was extended to credit card online payments and the Netopia officials estimated they would reach a 30 percent market share until the end of the year. Netopia Sistem Company, established in 2003, is a mobilpay operator and mobile services, messaging, marketing and communication provider, Agerpres informs.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei