Romania's public debt at more than 35 bln eurosPublish date: 01-03-2010
Romania's public debt totaled 148.05 billion lei (more than 35 billion euros) at the end of 2009, accounting for 29.29 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), show figures released by the Public Finances Ministry on Thursday.At end-Dec. 2008, the Romanian public debt amounted to 109.75 billion lei, accounting for 21.78 percent of GDP.
At the end of last year, 47.5 percent of the public debt was in the national leu currency terms, 41.11 percent was in euro terms, 6.29 percent in dollar terms, 1.38 percent in Japanese yen and 3.72 percent in other foreign currencies.
By types of financial instruments, the largest part of the public debt was contracted by state loans (38.01 pct), by T-bonds (17.03 pct), government bonds (16.82 pct), eurobonds (6.61 pct), financial leasing (0.07 pct), and by loans from the money available in the General Account of the State Treasury used to fund the state budget deficit (21.47 pct).
According to Agerpres, the Public Finances Ministry last year borrowed 113.277 billion lei, out of which 76.109 billion lei by state bonds issues in the domestic market and 37.167 billion lei by state loans out of which 35.096 billion lei was contracted directly.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei