ForMin Baconschi: Romania to endorse 30 pct cuts in greenhouse gas emissionsPublish date: 26-02-2010
Foreign Minister Teodor Baconschi said on Thursday that Romania endorses the ambitious EU objective to get the greenhouse gas emissions cut by 30 percent, if the other developed countries, the United States included, commit themselves to comparable efforts.
'A consolidated EU stance on the climate changes should take into account the requirement to maintain Europe's economic and commercial competitiveness, both in the average and the long run,' ForMin Baconschi said pointing out that Romania backs up the adoption of a legally forceful and mandatory accord on the continuation of the commitments after 2010, in the field of the climate changes.
According to Romania's Foreign Minister, despite the situation Romania is currently going through and the restrictions in the level of the financial contributions, the developing countries will be annually offered 5 million euros, over 2010-2012 to fight against the climate changes.
Foreign Minister Teodor Baconschi, on Thursday, was attending the meeting of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) Committee on Environment, Agriculture, Local and Regional Issues, taking place at the Bucharest-based Parliament Palace.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei