The financing portfolio for Romania by the WBPublish date: 24-02-2010
The current portfolio financed by the World Bank in Romania is made up of 13 active loans, of 1.13 billion dollars, according to the data presented by the representatives of the ministry of finances with a team of the World Bank, led by the country manager Francois Rantrua.
« At the end of 2009, the active portfolio of Romania was fifth in Europe and Central Asia, after Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Ukraine. The current portfolio financed by the World Bank in Romania is 13 active loans, worth 1.13 billion dollars, plus a large variety of analytical and consultative activities" the press release published on the site of the ministry of finances says.
Between 1991 and 2009, the World Bank supported 55 operations in Romania, of 6 billion dollars. At present, the project portfolio of the Bank in Romania contains projects implemented by ministries and governmental agencies in health, social protection, natural hazards prevention, agriculture, energy, mining, reform in the judicial system and communications.
The World Bank is among the international financial institutions with which Romania signed the financial assistance package worth approximately 20 billion euro. The world bank would offer Romania, in two years, a billion euro for the reform of the public sector and social assistance.
Last year, the World Bank offered Romania the first loan of 300 million euro, and the second of 350 million euro, which must be approved was postponed due to the political crisis in Romania.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei