Sony wants to sell in Romania 20% more notebooks than in 2010Publish date: 24-02-2010
The Japanese producer Sony intends to sell 20% more notebooks SonyVaio in 2010 compared to last year, when the company had sales of about 7,000 units in the local market.In 2009 the company estimated to sell by 15% more notebooks compared to 2008, when sales were about 6,000 units and the sales target was reached as Taiju Ishikawa, branch manager at Sony Romania said."In 2010 we want to sell by at least 20% more notebooks in Romania compared with last year", he said.
The company also want to double the share in the local market to 4% this year. Sony held about 2% in the local market for the laptop segment in 2009.On the other hand the head of Sony Romania hopes laptop sales will grow by 5-10% this year against 2009, when the notebook market was estimated at 300,000 units by the research company International Data Corporation (IDC).
He declared that although laptop sales dropped by 50% last year, the range of Sony Vaio products was leas affected as clients often preferred to save money to buy a more expensive laptop, Sony Vaio laptops having prices between 3,000 and 8,000 lei.Sony launched the new Z,F,Y,EB and W laptop series which are available in partner shops.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei