Banks bring 500 mln euros to Romania, in 2009Publish date: 23-02-2010
Commercial banks brought in 2009, to Romania, 500 million euros under the form of capital and subordinated loans, announced on last Tuesday, in a financial conference, Petre Bunescu, BRD deputy general manager and prime vice-president of the Romanian Banks Association (ARB).
He pointed out that the commercial banks brought 325 million euros to Romania for share capital increase and the remainder up to 500 million euros were subordinated loans.
Bunescu appreciated it as a positive situation and a proof that the foreign banks wish to continue their operations in Romania.
According to ARB representative, following the capital increase. all commercial banks are solvent in excess of 10 percent and the average solvency rate in the banking system is of 14.03 percent.
BNR asked the commercial banks, after Romania was affected by the crisis, to increase their solvency from 8 to 10 percent, in some cases share capital increases being needed, Agerpres informs.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei