Statistics: Romania's December trade deficit narrows 45%Publish date: 11-02-2010
Romania's trade deficit narrowed in December 45.8% from the same period of 2008 to €850.6 million (3.6 billion lei) on 18.9% rise in exports paired with the 9.9% decline in imports, data from the National Institute of Statistics show.The Euro value of commodities exported by Romania increased by 18.9% from December 2008 to €2.33 billion, while imports dropped 9.9% to €3.18 billion. When expressed in lei, exports rose 29.6% and imports dropped 1.9%.Romania's trade deficit fell for the 15th month in a row.
In December, total exports to non-EU countries stood at €752.2 million, up 19.1% from year-ago period, while exports to EU Member States rose 18.8% to €1.6 billion. Expressed in lei, Romania exported commodities to non-EU countries worth 32.7% more than a year earlier, and to EU Member States 28.2% more.
As for imports, the biggest decline was recorded on the trade with EU Member States. Romania imported commodities worth €2.2 billion from EU countries, 12.6% less than a year earlier when imports stood at around €2.53 billion.Imports from non-EU countries fell 3% in December to €967 million, according to NIS' estimates.Compared to November, exports fell 15.4% in December while imports declined 11.3% when expressed in euro.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei