Popa, BNR : Romania needs another year to come back to investment gradePublish date: 10-02-2010
Romania's rating could go back to « investment grade » only after a period of one year, if the present feeling towards our economy continues to improve, Cristian Popa, vice-governor of the BNR says.
« Until the rating comes back to investment grade it is necessary to improve the perspective from negative to stable and then positive, then there are some months until the alteration takes place, even six months. In order to go back to investment grade there is one year necessary, one year and something" Cristian Popa said. The financial evaluation agency Fitch improved from « negative » to "stable" the rating for Romania and confirmed the rating for long-term loans in foreign currency and in lei at " BB+" " BB-" respectively, motivating the decision through better economic conditions.
Romania's rating could be improved at investment grade at the end of 2010 or the beginning of 2011, some analysts consider, after the financial evaluation agency Fitch improved the rating from "negative" to "stable".
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei