Framework Cooperation Agreement with Chisiniau ParliamentPublish date: 10-02-2010
Chairman of the Senate's Foreign Policy Committee Titus Corlatean and his Moldovan counterpart, Igor Corman, laid the foundation of a Framework Cooperation Agreement between the two states' Parliaments, on Monday, said the Romanian official.
Corlatean added that this Agreement aimed to carry out a series of concrete actions, to make the contacts between the two legislatures' committees permanent and to revive the Bucharest-Chisinau inter-parliamentary committee.
The chairman of the Senate's Foreign Policy Committee also stated that, as he had promised in his last visit to Chisinau, the Romanian Parliament would put its expertise at the Parliament in Chisinau's disposal, in view of the community aquis translation and implementation, including human resources, which meant 'saving time, money and effort for the Parliament in Chisinau.'
'The Republic of Moldova's future is within the European Union and Romania will continue to be its main supporter,' underscored the senator.
He has also underlined that the Moldovan delegation's visit has been the first one after 2000.
'Taking into consideration the new opportunity emerged after the last early elections in Chisinau, we can efficiently work together at the two states' Parliaments level, in order to support not only the bilateral positive developments, in terms of politics, economy and culture, but also the Republic of Moldova's aspirations, legitimate interests at European level,' added Corlatean.
The senator said that, following the discussions, the two committees should meet twice a year.
According to Titus Corlatean, the discussions focused also on region-related issues, of common interest for the two countries, security-related issues as well as a settlement to Transdniestria issue.
Marius Lazurca, Romania's Ambassador-nominee to the Republic of Moldova, is to be present in front of the Parliament's reunited foreign policy committees for hearings on Tuesday.
A visiting delegation of the Moldovan Parliament's Foreign Policy and European Integration Committee met on Monday the members of the Romanian Senate's Foreign Policy Committee and Senate Chairman Mircea Geoana, Agerpres reports.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei