Panic on the external capital markets pulls down the indexes on BSE by up to 4.26% at day-endPublish date: 08-02-2010
The Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) ended week with massive drops on all indexes, of up to 4.26 percent on the SIF sector, as the U.S. capital market's collapse in the previous session made investors sell the shares to cash in profits.
Liquidity rose to 53.46 million lei at day-end. The BET index reflecting the evolution of the ten best companies on the market fell 2.72 percent to 4,906.56 and the BET-C composite index assessing all listed shares minus financial companies reduced 2.79 percent to 2,887.87.
The BET-FI index of the five financial companies known as SIF crashed 4.26 percent to 28,232.25 and the ROTX index for trading blue-chips in Vienna declined 3.03 percent to 9,995.80.
The BET-XT index of the 25 most liquid companies lowered 3.35 percent to 501.87 and the BET-NG index showing the evolution of the power market plummeted 2.42 percent to 636.81.
Shares of SIF Oltenia (SIF5) sponged deals of 18.04 million lei this session and sank 4.38 percent to 1.53 lei, while SIF Moldova (SIF2) depreciated 2.92 percent to 1.33 lei.
On the banking sector, BRD SocGen (BRD) eased 2.03 percent to 14.50 lei and Banca Transilvania (TLV) plunged 3.43 percent to 1.97 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei