The BET index on BSE falls 1.68% at closing bell, in line with the external capital marketsPublish date: 05-02-2010
The most liquid shares on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BSE) plummeted 1.68 percent at day-end, while the SIF sector lost 1.33 percent, as the external capital markets also reported severe declines, following data on unemployment aid requests in the United States.
Deals with shares totaled 36.53 million lei.
The BET index reflecting the evolution of the ten best companies on the market lowered 1.68 percent to 5,043.60 and the BET-C composite index assessing all listed shares minus financial companies eased 1.70 percent to 2,970.74.
The BET-FI index of the five financial companies SIF tumbled 1.33 percent to 29,488.58 and the ROTX index for trading blue-chips in Vienna declined 1.79 percent to 10,307.63.
The BET-XT index of the 25 most liquid companies decreased 1.62 percent to 519.27 and the BET-NG index showing the evolution of the power market sank 1.26 percent to 652.62.
Shares of SIF Oltenia (SIF5) were the most liquid this session and slipped 0.62 percent to 1.60 lei, while those of SIF Moldova (SIF2) dropped 0.72 percent to 1.37 lei.
On the banking sector, BRD SocGen (BRD) crashed 1.99 percent to 14.80 lei and Banca Transilvania (TLV) fell 2.39 percent to 2.04 lei.
Electricity transporter Transelectrica (TEL) plunged 3.68 percent to 15.70 lei and Romania's top oil company Petrom (SNP) cheapened 1.76 percent to 0.2790 lei.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei