Romanian Leu Rises Vs Euro, Exch Rate Hits 13-Mo High At 4.08 UnitsPublish date: 02-02-2010
The Romanian leu edged higher against the euro in mid trade Monday and the central bank's reference gained 1% on the day at RON4.0805 to the European currency.
A stronger rate, of RON4.0720 to the euro, was computed on January 7 last year.
For the US dollar, the indicative reached RON2.9358, from RON2.9509 on Friday.
The leu opened higher on the day at RON4.1020/RON4.1050 to the euro, in line with markets in the region, and touched an intraday high at RON4.0730/RON4.0750 per euro.
At around GMT1100, the leu traded at RON4.0780/RON4.0800 per euro.
On the money market Monday morning, overnight rates were at 8.25%-8.75% a year, slightly up on the day. However, the interests dropped to 7.25%-7.75% a year shortly after the central bank announced a repo operation to boost liquidity.
The central bank pumped RON9.24 billion into the market in a seven-day repurchase agreement operation.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei