New US Embassy, a green buildingPublish date: 01-02-2010
The US Embassy in Bucharest will build a new headquarters in Baneasa, one that will feature technologies and solutions whose purpose is to attain a high degree of energy efficiency and to reduce the building's impact on the environment.
The headquarters will be built on a plot of land of 40,000 square meters as part of a centre of commercial and residential buildings and will be located in northern Bucharest behind the Metro hypermarket, close to the Tunari forest. The building will be finished sometimes in the summer of 2011. The new headquarters will have a total built surface of 20,000 square meters and apart from being a 'green' building it will be surrounded by approximately 300 trees.
American International Contractors Inc. and Special Projects are the project's general entrepreneurs. According to the specialists' estimates, the construction works will bring between USD 60 and USD 80 M to Romania's economy, however the total investment was not revealed.
'The new headquarters clearly shows the US commitment to protecting the environment,' Jeri Guthrie-Corn, Charge d'Affaires of the US Embassy, stated yesterday during a press conference. On the other hand, Steven Borncamp, the President of the Romanian Council for Green Buildings, considers that: 'This exemplary project proves once again that in Romania the construction of green, energy-efficient buildings is possible and it is a good investment.'
The US is conducting similar investments in several other countries, with Bulgaria being one of them. There the US Embassy already has a new 'green' headquarters.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei