Romanian Leu Ends 0.4% Weaker Vs Euro, Attuned To RegionPublish date: 13-01-2010
The Romanian leu lost wind against the euro in late trade Tuesday, in line with the currencies in the region, and ended nearly 0.4% weaker on the day at RON4.14/RON4.142 to the European currency.
On Monday, the leu closed at RON4.124/RON4.126 per euro.
The leu opened slightly down against the euro Monday, tracking regional currencies and hit an early low at RON4.14 per euro, on growing hard currency buy orders.
It managed to recoup slightly by mid trade, when the central bank's reference rate hit a fresh eight-month high at RON4.1355 per euro.
Romania's currency depreciated again in the second part of the trading session, tracking the regional markets.
On the money market Tuesday, overnight rates were at 4.61%-5.11% a year, considerably down on the day.
In other trading Tuesday, the Polish zloty slid 0.4% on the day versus the European currency, same as the leu, while Hungary's forint fell 0.5% on the day.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei