Central bank sets January's reference interest rate at 8 pct per annumPublish date: 05-01-2010
The reference interest rate for January 2010 was set at 8 percent per annum, informs the National Bank of Romania (BNR).
The formula for the calculation of the BNR reference rate is defined as the arithmetic mean (weighted by the volume of transactions) of interest rates on deposits taken by the BNR as well as reverse repo and repo transactions in the month prior to the one the release was made. The reference interest rate, calculated and published every month, is a market interest and should not be confounded with the monetary policy interest rate.
The reference interest rate has gradually decreased in 2009 from 10.25 percent in January to 10.14 percent in March, 10.07 percent in April, 10.02 percent in May, 9.71 percent in June, 9.5 percent in July, 9 percent in August, 8.53 percent in September, 8.5 percent in October and eight percent in November.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei