Romania Nov Overdue Loans Up 11.5% MM To RON8BPublish date: 30-12-2009
Romanian non-government overdue loans rose 11.5% on the month to 8 billion lei (EUR1=RON4.2099) in November, central bank data showed Tuesday.
The overdue loans nearly tripled compared with November 2008, when their value amounted to RON2.8 billion.
Overall private lending was at RON202.1 billion at the end of November, slightly down from RON202.4 billion a month earlier. Loans in Romanian lei amounted to RON79.96 billion, while foreign currency-denominated loans stood at RON122.12 billion.
According to central bank data, overdue loans in Romanian lei rose 4.7% on the month to RON4.22 billion end-November. Overdue loans in lei were more than double from RON1.9 billion in November 2008.
Overdue foreign currency loans stood at RON3.8 billion in November, up 20.25% on the month and quadrupled from RON0.9 billion in the same month of 2008.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei