EBRD doubled investments in Romania in 2009Publish date: 23-12-2009
The EBRD invested in Romania EUR 720 M, the double of the investments made in 2008 and more than we invested in Romania in any other year, Claudia Pendred, director EBRD Office for Romania, declared yesterday in a statement for Agerpres. "2009 was a record year for EBRD's activity in Romania," Claudia Penmdred stressed, adding that EBRD has made efforts to sustain Romania during the world crisis, participating in the support package granted by IMF and EU. In this context, EBRD rose the value of the investments for 2009 and 2010 to one billion Euro.
"In 2009 alone we have already invested EUR 720 M in Romania, which is more than in any other year and the double of the investments made in 2009," Claudia Pendred declared, showing that the "total investment made by EBRD in Romania rises to EUR 4.4 bln at the end of 2009." In 2009, EBRD concluded over 20 contracts in Romania, and 85 per cent of the funding represented projects from the private sector.
Referring to the projects from the sectors of energy and infrastructure which received funds from EBRD in 2009, Claudia Pendred recalled the two loans granted to Petrom (EUR 200 M for a very modern energy station of 860 MW and EUR 150 M for investments in environmental protection and the increase of energy efficiency). Another EUR 80 M were granted to Turceni Energy Complex for modernization and bringing an energy unit on coal to the EU standards.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei