Former Romanian Fin Min Considered For Finance Portfolio In Boc GovtPublish date: 18-12-2009
The name of the former finance minister, in the Tariceanu Cabinet, Sebastian Vladescu is discussed for the finance portfolio in the future Boc Cabinet, people close to the matter told MEDIAFAX.
According to the quoted sources, Vladescu's nomination for the finance minister position was considered from the time when it was hoped the liberals would join the Government with the democrat liberals.
Sebastian Vladescu was finance minister under the Tariceanu Cabinet, between August 2005 and April 2007, when he became secretary of state within the Ministry of Economy and Finance. Six months later he was dismissed on request.
Vladescu was chief negotiator for Romania in the privatization of the car plant at Craiova.
Another name spoken for the finance portfolio was Lucian Croitoru, but he told MEDIAFAX he was not approached with a proposition and he would not accept either.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei