Poupet, BRD: Risk quality and profitability are the principal targetsPublish date: 15-12-2009
As of 1 January 2010, Guy Poupet will take on the running of BRD-Groupe Societe Generale for four years, according to a decision made yesterday by the shareholders of the second-largest player in the local banking system. Patrick Gelin, the bank's current President and General Manager, will retain only non-executive Societe Generale positions next year.
"We have several priorities, such as quality of risk and profitability. We are not necessarily looking for volume or market share. We want sustainable, profitable and healthy development. If upon meeting these objectives we manage to become market leader on some segments or at the general level, I will be entirely satisfied, said Poupet for The Money Channel.
Patrick Gelin, Chairman of the BRD-Groupe Societe Generale Board of Directors, said that these changes will not bring about major modifications for the bank, and indicated that "there will be no layoffs" in Romania. Gelin recently declared for Business Standard that "2009 was a difficult year, which does not offer a clear picture of the near future."
The international economci context and decisions by the future Romanian government will be defining for the banking system's "agony or ecstasy."
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei