Google awards iQuest for application in tourism fieldPublish date: 11-12-2009
Romanian-German company iQuest ranked 1st in the 'tourism' category in a global competition initiated by Google to award the best applications developed for Android operation system phones. The award came accompanied by a with 100,000-dollar cheque too.
This is the second annual Android Developer Challenge edition and it aims to encourage software developers to create applications for Google's Android operation system, functional with the latest generation mobile gadgets. 200 applications made it through to the last phase, namely 20 in each of the 10 categories.
iQuest won the Travel category with the Trip Journal application, thus becoming one of the world's 10 best applications developed in 2009 for the Android system phones.
The jury was made of users and top specialists representing companies such as Google, T-mobile, AEOLab and Twitter.
The Romanian soft was created in roughly five months by a team made up of programmers, designers and testers.
By using Trip Journal application, users can keep their holiday memories, sending friends and family updated information from the places they visit. The software allows route following through GPS and visualizing position on Google Maps, memorises coordinates and takes photos with notes. Recordings can be exported for Google Earth visualisation and photos can be uploaded on to Picasa web albums.
TripJournal can be installed on the Smartphones terminals using Android systems and iPhone starting next week. The product will soon be available for download on the Internet Android Market web page and also in the Apple's iTunes virtual store, in 100 countries, including Romania.
The Romanian-German company iQuest is known on the local IT market due to its complete solutions and services addressed to companies. The iQuest solutions offered in Romania are the Enterprise Resource Planning, Business Intelligence, Customer Relationship Management, management of files and cooperation, E-commerce, IT infrastructure virtualization and customized solutions, Trip Journal is practically opening a new business line, to focus on the development of softwares for mobile devices, a segment to be promoted mainly on the foreign markets.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei