Pollution Tax For One Romanian Dacia Logan Reaches EUR774Publish date: 11-12-2009
The lowest amount to be paid as pollution tax upon the purchase of a new Dacia Logan in Romania will be EUR363 and the highest amount will reach EUR774, starting January 1, 2010, when owners of Euro 4 cars start paying the pollution tax.
For a new, gasoline-powered, Dacia Logan, with a cylinder capacity of 1,149 cc and CO2 emissions of 139 grams per kilometer, the tax reaches EUR363, while for the versions with the most powerful engines and highest CO2 emissions, namely 1,558 cc and 172 g/CO2, the tax will reach EUR774, according to the calculator posted on the Finance Ministry's website.
For the Kia Cee'd model, the best sold import car in Romania this year according to a chart of the Romanian Association of Car Producers and Importers (APIA), the tax will range from EUR432 to EUR1,200.
The owner of a new Renault Clio, the second best-sold model in the import chart, with a 1,149 cc engine and 139 g/CO2 emissions, will pay EUR363.
For the medium engines of the Ford Focus and Skoda Octavia models, which come next in the APIA chart, the tax will reach EUR488 and EUR726 respectively.
According to the Romanian legislation entered into force in February 2009, cars pertaining to the Euro 4 category and with a cylinder capacity of less or equal to 2,000 cmc are exempt from pollution tax in Romania if registered for the first time anywhere within the EU during the period from 15 December 2008 to 31 December 2009.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei