BEC - partial results: Basescu - 50.33 pct, Geoana - 49.66 pctPublish date: 08-12-2009
Traian Basescu, the candidate who is backed by the Democratic Liberal Party in the presidential elections, polled 50.33
percent (5,274,063 votes) in the runoff, whereas candidate of the Alliance between the Social Democratic Party and the Conservative Party Mircea Geoana got 49.66 percent (5,204,102 votes), according to the partial results centralized by the Central Electoral Bureau (BEC) from 99.95 percent of the polling stations till 2 pm on Monday.
According to BEC spokesman Marian Muhulet, there still remain to be centralized the data from nine polling stations, seven in Constanta County and two in Maramures.
The total number of the voters on the copies of the permanent electoral registers is 18,296,888 and 10,616,648, that is 58.02 percent, went to the polls.
The total number of the validly cast votes was 10,478,165, namely 98.69 percent, 138,411 votes were declared null, that is 1.3 percent.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei