Investments: -22.5 pcPublish date: 07-12-2009
The economic crisis from Romania had immediate and very important effects on the investment sector. After 2008, year in which both the industrial and civil engineering grew significantly, 2009 has extremely dramatic effects. According to the National Institute of Statistics (INS), the investments made in the national economy dropped in the first nine months of 2009 by 22.5 percent, vs. the same period of the previous year, and by 29.9 per cent in Q 3, compared to Q 3 2008.
The investments materialized in new construction in the period January 1 - September 30, 2009 totaled RON 23.423 bn, accounting for 54.4 percent, against 48.1 percent in January 1 - September 30, 2008.
The investments in transport equipment and means totaled RON 16.059 bn, down against the period January 1 - September 30, 2008, from 44 percent of the total to 37.3 percent.
The branches in which a bigger volume of investments was made in the first nine months of the present year are: trade/services (wholesale and retail trade, motor vehicle rehabilitation), and industry. The evolution of the investments made in the national economy in Q 3, 2009, compared to Q 3 2008, by elements of structure, is the following: equipment, transport means included - down 43.5 percent, new constructions - down 17.9 percent, other expenditures - minus 47 percent.
Compared to Q 3 2008, in Q 3 2009 we see a fall of the weight of equipment (transport means included) in the totals investments by 5.5 percentage points, while that of the investments in other expenditures by 2 percent.
The weight of the investments in the new constructions rose 7.5 percent, INS stresses.
Number of commissioned dwellings increased
An encouraging element in this domain is the dwelling constructions.
In Q 3 2009 14,669 dwellings were commissioned, 1.80 percent more than in the same period of 2008, when 14,410 dwellings were inaugurated, according to the provisional data published by INS.
In the period January 1 - September 30, 2009 38,170 dwellings were finalized, 1,507 dwellings (4.11 percent) more than in the same period of the previous year. As to the residential areas, both in Q 3 2009 and Q 3 2008, most of the dwellings were built in the urban area, 50.8 per cent, respectively 51.1 per cent. The distribution by funds of the finalized dwellings shows that, against the first nine months of 2008, the number of dwellings made from private funds decreased (by 411 dwellings) in the same period of the present year, while the number of dwellings made from public funds increased by 670 dwellings.
In the first three quarters of 2009, most of the dwellings (51.5 percent of the total) were commissioned in the urban area, while in the same period of the previous year most of the dwellings were built in the rural area (51.3 percent).
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei