GDP falls 7.4 percent in nine monthsPublish date: 04-12-2009
Romania's GDP went down 7.4 percent in the first nine months of 2009, reads a release sent on Thursday to Agerpres by the National Statistics Institute (INS).
The gross domestic product estimated for the third quarter of 2009 was in real terms lower by 0.6 percent as against the second quarter of 2009 (seasonal adjusted series). Compared to the same quarter of 2008, the GDP (gross series) reported a diminution of 7.1 percent and cumulated over Jan. 1-Sept. 30, 2009, the gross domestic product was by 7.4 percent lower than the same period of 2008, reads the release of the National Statistics Institute (INS).
The gross domestic product (gross series) estimated for the second quarter of 2009 was of 334,231.5 million lei and in seasonally adjusted data, the estimated GDP for the third quarter of 2009 was of 119,047.8 million lei current prices, down in real terms by 0.6 percent compared to the second quarter of 2009.
The National Statistics Institute emphasizes that starting 2009, seasonally adjusted estimates are being computed by the regressive method, a method recommended by the European norms.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei