Basescu promulgates law on empowering Government to present budgetPublish date: 03-12-2009
President Traian Basescu on Wednesday signed the decree on promulgating the law on completing Art 26 of Law No 90/2001 on the organization and functioning of Romania's Government and ministries, informed the Presidential Administration.
The Chamber of Deputies on November 10 and, subsequently, the Senate on November 11 decided on amending Article 26 of the law on the organization and functioning of the Government that will make it possible for the Boc Cabinet, which was dismissed, to present the draft budget for 2010 in Parliament.
The amendment refers to Art 26 of Law 90/2001 on the organization and functioning of the Government so that, under out-of-the-ordinary circumstances, a Government dismissed but still in office till a new Cabinet is sworn in should initiate draft laws on ratifying some international treaties and the drafts of the state budget and of the social security budget.
The approval of the law on the budget for 2010 is a condition requested by the International Monetary Fund for unblocking the next tranche of the loan in the financing agreement concluded with Romania.
The above-mentioned agreement spans 24 months, the IMF is to transfer Romania a total of 12.95 billion euros, in eight tranches, of a support loan amounting to 19.95 billion euros. About 5 billion euros come from the European Commission, one billion euros from the World Bank and one billion euros from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the European Investment Bank.
Romania has so far got a total of 6.57 billion euros from the IMF, of which the second tranche amounted to 1.85 billion euros.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei