Cosmote's executive takes over Zapp CEO rolePublish date: 03-12-2009
Cosmote telecom carrier said Stefanos Theocharopoulos, CEO of the mobile telecom carrier will assume the role of chairman and chief executive of Telemobil SA (Zapp), while continuing with his responsabilities. Spyridon Spyropoulos, external affairs director of Cosmote Romania will also take on the role of COO of Zapp. Chris Bataillard has filled the CEO position at Zapp for the past 2 years.
Theocharopoulos (photo) has been the CEO of Cosmote since January 2008, and throughout this year, he has taken up the managing director position at Germanos Telecom Romania.
Stefanos Theocharopoulos joined OTE group in 2002 and served since 2006 as business development executive director at OTEGlobe, member of OTE Group. Prior to joining the Greek-based telecom group, Theocharopoulos held several management positions in companies such as O2 Germany, Dutchtone Netherlands, Vodafone Greece, Fujitsu Telecom Research Center UK and Ericsson Hellas/Greece.
With an extensive 36-year experience in the telecommunication industry, Spyridon Spyropoulos is currently external affairs director at Cosmote Romania, and is in charge of the following lines of business: interconnectivity, roaming and relation with market regulators. Before Cosmote, Spyropoulos served as managing director of Cosmorom and chief technical officer (CTO) at Romtelecom S.A.
He joined OTE Group in 1975 and held various roles in technical division, interconnectivity, regulation, development and management.Earlier this month, Michael Tsamaz, deputy director of Cosmote group, said the completion of Zapp deal would heat up the competition in the market.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei