Four Romanian Cos Ranked In 2009 Deloitte Technology FAST 500 EMEAPublish date: 30-11-2009
Four Romanian companies are ranked in the 2009 Deloitte Technology FAST 500 EMEA, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology companies in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with rankings based on percentage revenue growth over the past five years.
The four Romanian companies, TeamNet International (ranked 41), Arobs Transilvania Software (ranked 102), Lasting Software (ranked 360) and The Red Point (ranked 422), specialize in the development and implementation of software applications.
Romania had six nominations from among companies previously ranked in the 2009 Deloitte Central Europe Technology FAST 50. The first four companies qualified for the FAST 500 based on percentage revenue growth from 2004 to 2008, according to a press release of Deloitte, one of the largest professional services organizations in the world providing audit, tax consulting and financial advisory and risk management and tax services.
The ranking includes the most dynamic 500 public and private companies specializing in the IT industry, media, telecommunications, medical industry or "green" technologies, from 26 countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Turkey's Biotekno, a mobile business integrator, achieved the top spot in the 2009 Deloitte FAST 500 EMEA ranking with a five-year growth rate of 42,417% to achieve revenue of EUR37.4 million in the 2008 fiscal year.
Next came Millenicom, leader in the Turkish telecom industry, providing pre-selection telecommunications services to more than 35,000 corporate customers, British Distribution Technology, provider of financial planning and sales technology to financial institutions, Belgium's Netlog, the leading online youth community in Continental Europe and the Middle East, and Germany's posterXXL, which provides customers with an easy way to create large format posters and canvas prints from photographs.
The software sector dominates the ranking, with 175 companies, followed by internet services (92 companies), telecommunications/networks (75 companies), the sector of bio-technological equipment, pharmaceutical or medical services (26 companies), semiconductors, components and electronics (17 companies), media/entertainment (12 companies), computers/peripherals and green technology (nine companies each).
The Technology Fast 500 list is compiled from Deloitte's EMEA Technology FAST 50 programs, nominations submitted directly to the FAST 500 and public company database research. To qualify for the FAST 500, entrants must have had 2004 operating revenues of at least EUR50,000 and 2008 operating revenues of at least EUR800,000.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei