Romania Labor Ministry Wants 8,000 Work Permits Released For Foreigners In 2010Publish date: 24-11-2009
Romania might release 8,000 work permits in 2010 for citizens of non-European Union countries, which would bring nearly EUR1,600,000 in revenues to the state budget, according to a draft decision put up for debate by the country's Labor Ministry.
The draft act's signatories said the release of one work permit costs EUR200, adding students or temporary workers will pay only EUR50. The draft sets a total number of 8,000 work permits will be issued in 2010 to foreigners wishing to work in Romania based on prior legal decisions issued by a foreign legal entity, and distributed on types of work permits.
Under the draft, 5,500 work permits will be issued for permanent workers, 1,000 permits for transferred workers, 400 permits for temporary workers, 100 nominal work permits, 200 permits for interns, 500 permits for athletes and 300 for transborder workers. Also, employers will pay law-regulated taxes and contributions for permanent or assimilated workers.
It also stipulates that, if the number of applications for the release of work permits exceeds the number originally set, than, the government can approve a decision to increase it, at the request of the Labor Ministry.
The Labor Ministry said 3.620 work permits were issued until November 12, 2009, of which, 2,223 for permanent workers (of which 70 permits for foreigners who study in Romania and are entitled to work), 1,283 permits for transferred workers, two permits for temporary workers, 110 for athletes and one permit for each intern and transborder worker.
Last year, 4,759 work permits of a total 15,000 were released for transferred workers, accounting for nearly 32% of the total number of work permits issued in 2008.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei