A competition version of Dacia Duster to contest 2009/2010 Trophee Andros in Alain Prost's handsPublish date: 18-11-2009
Dacia, a brand of the Renault group, is to contest France's celebrated Trophee Andros ice-racing series and the former Formula 1 pilot Alain Prost will drive a competition version of Dacia Duster in the series set to take place this winter, in France.
'Dacia is to enter an unusual competition: the ice racing. (...) On the occasion of this event Dacia will unveil the name and lines of the Duster model, the sixth model of this brand. This 4x4 vehicle robust and viable, with an international vocation, will be destined to customers looking for an affordable everyday all-terrain vehicle, at an accessible price', announced on Tuesday Automobile Dacia Press Office.
The competition vehicle Dacia Duster, indicating the future series model to be available from 2010 has a fiber glass body, a tubular steel chassis and a V6 31 24 v, 350 HP engine, specially made to offer maximum performance under difficult conditions.
'The six-speed gear-box allows the pilot a precise and fast change of speed even when negotiating turns on ice. Engine placement at the back of the car is aimed at an optimum allocation of the regular mass of 950 kg', says the release.
'I am happy to compete on board of a Dacia Duster. This is a completely new vehicle and I am proud to take part in its promotion in such an original context as the Andros Trophy. I trust the vehicle capacity and viability for this race', stated Alain Prost, quoted by Automobile Dacia Press Office.
Now aged 54, Alain Prost participated in 199 Formula 1 Grand Prix races, winning 51 victories and four world champion titles.
The Andros Trophy, Dacia take part as a first, is known as one of the very difficult auto sport competitions, with circuits on ice, whose condition varies depending on the meteorological conditions.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei