CEI, fertile ground for European integration aspirations, says PM BocPublish date: 16-11-2009
The Central European Initiative (CEI) is playing an extremely important role in the preparation of the steps which a candidate country has to made towards the European integration, said on Friday, interim PM Emil Boc at the end of the Central European Initiative summit in Bucharest, which gathered the premiers of vice-premiers of the Initiative's member countries.
Making the steps ahead of the integration can be made precisely by the experience gained by member states and which they can provide to the non-member states of the EU,' said the Romanian premier.
In this respect, Boc stressed that since the beginning of the negotiation process until the accession Romania learnt a lot from other states' experience that were already EU member states.
The polyvalent dimension of the Initiative was emphasized also by the Romanian premier in the speech delivered on Friday in front of counterparts from CEI countries, when Boc pointed out that the Initiative is a fertile ground for the preparation for EU accession.
In the statement made at the end of the summit held in Bucharest, the heads of government of CEI member countries included a special remark on the role which the nine EU member countries that are also members of the Initiative play in supporting the countries with aspirations for the European integration.
'The traditional role of the Central European Initiative, of forum of political dialogue, should be strengthened in order to increase cooperation between CEI member states, mainly on the European outlook of those CEI member states which voiced European aspirations,' reads the final statement of the summit.
The heads of government emphasized the need for constant interaction of the CEI with the European Commission, reads the same document.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei