CEI's goal, cooperation for sustainable developmentPublish date: 12-11-2009
The goal of member states of the Central European Initiative (CEI) is the cooperation for sustainable development, said on Wednesday Adriean Videanu, Minister of Economy and Health, at the opening of the meeting of economy ministers of CEI countries, which is unfolding within the activities taking place under Romania's presidency of the Central European Initiative.
The Summit in Copenhagen will be a decisive moment to prove our countries' commitment for the development of sustainable economy, said Adriean Videanu.
'The Romanian government is acting for the diversification of sources and routes of supply with hydrocarbons and energy efficiency,' said the Romanian Economy Minister who referred to Romania's involvement in the achievement of Nabucco project.
Referring to the diversification of energy sources, Adriean Videanu pointed to the completion of nuclear units 3 and 4 of the Cernavoda-based nuclear power plant, but also to the release of the project for the construction of a new nuclear power plant in Romania, with the strict observance of the environmental standards.
Adriean Videanu appealed to the CEI members for the capitalization of the future single market, an important step for its materialization being the interconnection of networks of gas and electricity of Romania with the neighboring countries.
'Romania wants to contribute to achieving the EU objective 20/20/20 and is making efforts for a new reindustrialization of the country, by cooperating with the private sector. The region of Central Europe will be the gateway of the energy resources into the EU and we'll have to represent the interests of suppliers from the Caspian Sea, but also of the European users,' said the Romanian Economy Minister.
Among the perspective projects, Adriean Videanu mentioned the transformation of the Danube into a European project, into a transport way between the Black Sea and the North Sea.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei