Joschka Fisher: Nabucco project needs wide political supportPublish date: 05-11-2009
Caretaker Foreign Minister Catalin Predoiu received on Tuesday RWE/OMV political adviser on Nabucco project Joschka Fischer, the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE) informs in a release . Within the meeting aspects related to the current stage of Nabucco gas pipeline development were discussed, as well as the next steps in view of the materialization of this project, Predoiu reaffirming the strategic role of the project for Europe's energy security and Romania's set priority as for its implementation.
The two sides concluded that the prospects are good for this project, but that it further needs an active and as wide as possible backing of all the partners in the project, the release underscored.The caretaker ForMin underlined the enhanced attention Romania gives to the strengthening of the bilateral relations with potential suppliers, especially Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, reminding to this end the recent bilateral contacts at the highest level with these states, when Nabucco project represented an important topic on the agenda of talks, MAE underlined.
Joschka Fischer pointed out the need of keeping the positive momentum, created through the signature of Nabucco Agreement in July, by coagulating a large political support, needed for this project.
The visit to Romania of RWE/OMV political adviser Joschka Fischer is part of a wider programme of visits, aimed at promoting Nabucco project in the consumer, transit and natural gas producing countries, Agerpres reports.
- Insurance market stagnated in 2013 while GDP chare dropped to 1.3%
- The Romanian Leasing Market as of December 31, 2013
- Millennium Bank reports best results since its launch, helped by stronger banking income and cost cuts
- BCR cheapens First Home loans and lowers interest loans for loans in lei
- Millennium Bank's new Salary account clients receive up to 600 lei bonus and their utility bills' payment
- GarantiBank and Seamless introduce SEQR in Romania: the newest mobile payment solution
- Bancpost telecom services, now provided exclusively by Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Millennium Bank cards offer discounts in Domo stores
- BCR Supervisory Board reshuffles Management Board
- NBR decide to lower the monetary policy rate to 4.25 percent per annum
- Common appointments in Romtelecom and COSMOTE Romania
- Up to 5.5% annual interest rate for Millennium Bank's promotional three-month lei deposit
- Eurozone in recovery mode but gap between North and South still widening
- UniCredit Tiriac Bank and RBS Romania announce the successful completion of the retail clients' migration
- Millennium Bank grants First House loans in lei